METALS FOR BUILDINGS is an alliance of ten European metal trade associations active in the building sector. It represents the interests of the metal industry to European institutions and promotes the sustainability and recyclability credentials of metals.
• Metals provide society with a material that is 100% recyclable without loss of properties;
• Metals are widely applied in the building and construction sector;
• Metals are a first choice material for structures, reinforcements, cladding, roofing, window frames, plumbing, heating equipment and many other applications;
• Metals can be found in old, historic buildings as well as new, modern architecture;
• More than 95% of metal products used in buildings are collected and recycled at the end of life.